https://secureservercdn.net/220.127.116.11/jny.f60.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/pexels-photo-374074.jpeg?time=1603759941 1253 1880 callen https://secureservercdn.net/18.104.22.168/jny.f60.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/RothLogo_Web2.png callen2020-07-12 13:09:392020-08-07 13:10:39Let's keep ourselves well as we work from home
Many of us have been forced to work from home, but we were not prepared to do so. Some of the important things that you need to be aware of as many of us are working at home during this time is: proper home desk ergonomics and stretching to keep that body moving!
If you are feeling like you are hunched over a computer daily and it is actually physically hurting you, you are not alone.
Let’s talk about your actual workspace. There are definitely do’s and don’ts for your home office, ready for a few?
- DO: Stand up every hour or so and walk around. DON’T: Sit at your desk all day hunched over.
- DO: Buy a laptop raiser. DON’T: Hunch over your laptop on the couch or at your desk.
- DO: Get a wrist rest (or make your own with a folded towel). DON’T: Keep your hands on your keyboard at all times.
- DO: Test your feet on the floor or a stool if needed. DON’T: Sit on your feet or let your feet dangle from your chair.
- DO: Invest in a headset or good pair of headphones if you need to be on the phone often. DON’T: Keep your phone to your ear with your head to your shoulder while typing.
Now, let’s talk about stretching! Many of us are not moving like our bodies are used to. I have created two stretching videos that will help you stretch your back at home! Give them a try and let us know what you think!
I hope these home tips help you as we continue to work from home. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out!
Stay safe and healthy and feel free to reach out to our team if you need to make an appointment.