Happy 2021! We love the start of the New Year because it’s a busy time for us. Many of our clients have our body sculpting, chiropractic care, and nutritional wellness treatments on their to-do lists in January!
This year, many of us have set goals and resolutions for ourselves. One thing I always encourage is adding one about self-care, because we all know you cannot pour from an empty cup. Showing up as our best self allows us to show up as a better friend, partner, and person.
One big way to practice self-care is by boosting self-esteem. In essence, self-esteem is trusting and believing in your abilities. It is having real confidence in yourself to do anything. Unfortunately, most people have very low self-esteem, which prevents them from enjoying life thoroughly.
Here are a few ways that you can affirm your worth and build your self-esteem:
- Make daily affirmation statements: In essence, self-esteem is trusting and believing in your abilities. It is having real confidence in yourself to do anything. Unfortunately, most people have very low self-esteem, which prevents them from enjoying life thoroughly.
- Volunteer and donate: Help others by volunteering your time, skills, and even money if you can. Helping others will provide a great sense of pride while also being thankful for the things and life experiences you have had throughout your life.
- Try something new: Even if you might fail, keep trying new things. If you succeed, you will feel accomplished, but even if you don’t, you will be happy you decided to try it and to the best of your abilities. There is nothing more exciting than accomplishing something you thought you could never do.
- Be around positive people: Spend more time around people who are positive and don’t want to bring you down constantly. Negativity only breeds more negativity. More times than not, people who are negative and try to bring you down are unhappy with themselves and it has nothing to do with you. It’s actually a result of their negativity. Therefore, it is best to limit your time with these people and spend most of your time with people who are happy and honest.
- Stop comparing yourself to others: Unfortunately, due to fast news and social media, society makes it easy to compare yourself to others. This is unhealthy and you should avoid this as much as possible. Others do not define your self-worth, and the beauty of it all is, no one can be like you, no matter what they try to do. Comparing yourself to others will only lead to dissatisfaction.
- Treat yourself: In other words, do more of the things you love and never feel guilty for it. Schedule time daily just for you. The more you spend time doing the things you love, the more positive you will be and feel better about yourself. Read a book, take a long walk, or space out on the couch; whatever makes you happy, keep doing it.
Start the New Year Right
We want to help encourage self-care, so this holiday season, we created some awesome New Year’s body sculpting specials for YOU! To make sure you take advantage of them, we have extended the specials until the end of January. Make sure to check out the specials below and feel free to give us a call if you have any questions; we’d love to hear from you about our body sculpting, chiropractic care, or nutritional wellness services!